At last, DiamondCore® Tools has created its version of one of the most essential tools for potters: the wood rib. Our wood ribs are designed like a natural extension of the hand, giving your work a unique suppleness and strength. With this deceptively simple tool, your ceramic creations can take on new and elaborate shapes.
Our Wood Rib 50 mm is the small-yet-mighty tool for every studio. Reach into smaller openings and extend the walls of your vessel upward with the curved edge. The flat, tapered end can be used to smooth walls and remove material from the outside of your piece, and the concave back side helps create large, gentle curves better than a flat rib. While the comfortable size sits nicely between your thumb and fingers, the novel, diamond-grid design makes it easy to hold from any angle.
- Beautifully oiled, carved wood rib
- Approximately 50 mm wide, 70 mm long, 13 mm deep
- Laser-engraved DiamondCore Tools logo on front
- Laser-engraved diamond-grid design on back
- Coated with thin, smooth layer of wax
- Smooth surfaces easily glide over wet clay
- Wood grain may vary
- Opening the clay on the wheel after centering
- Shaping and stabilizing wheel-thrown ceramics
- Removing excess clay from piece